Friday, October 16, 2009

contradictions and confusions, to say the least.

12:06 a.m. October 16. technically, Friday.

". . .we're not told for a reason."

-

It was late and slowly my mind is starting to drift away, trying to figure out an answer to my own question,
"what the hell happened?"
My head collapsed on top of my folded arms with three words on a constant loop at the back of my mind. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.

However, Bleep! (from Google talk) caught my attention.

"Post this instead." You replied. "You're just placing your sanity in a hole."

Always lovely to have your company. "Sorry? What do you mean?" I asked.

"She touched a nerve, didn't she? Succinct?"

The writer of Succinct, a keen reader of twoangles and not to mention a dear acquaintance of mine now, have had several conversations mainly consisting of twoangles itself.

"I bet I can guess what's on your mind now." You continued.

"Oh? Please do." arrogantly, I replied. It's rather hard to emphasis arrogance in instant messaging.

"You're looking for a pattern. Or at least, hoping for one.

Flipping through previous 'chapters', comparing and analyzing. Reading through the plot, in contempt.

And just maybe, there would be a pattern between the two and by the end of it, find the variable - the answer."

Silence. Frantically scratching my head wondering yet amazed by how I could be predicted by just ten minutes of instant messaging materials. But then again, we call you M for a reason - nay, several reasons.

"Go on."

and you did, "But there isn't one.

The similarity are but merely coincidental; perhaps. And you know this. Therefore, your mind wonders into it's own malignancy.

Placing the blame on cruelty of fate, karma. Even self-pity, on how you're unable to choose who you to care for, like or even fall in love."

My wrists jerked backwards and froze. Word to word, it was like you were in my head reading it like a cruel book critic pissed off by the obviousness.

"Not knowing is a burden but it can be a gift.

If God could tell you how your inevitable death will be, would you really wanna know?

I know it's horrible not knowing how one day you're watching Audrey Hepburn movies together and the next day, she won't even look at you to say hello. We're gonna be kept out of the blue a lot whether we like it or not and often we're not told for a reason.

And maybe, the reason is just not worth it."


'Just not worth it'. Four words I've been hearing a lot lately. Mainly with the word "She's" in front mostly.



written by I.O.

2 comments: