Thursday, December 31, 2009

the new mantra

the roar of fireworks thunder through my glass wall marking the new year. not to mention the Shaun Micalleff's New Year Rave show on TV doing the countdown as well.

-

The clock ticks and a new day begin - a new year. (familiar?)

The new year has nothing 'new' exactly about it. You're still in the same job the following week, your bank balance doesn't just magically grow, and the sky is still blue.

But I have this childish view of the new year.

More of a school kid point of view; where you move up to a new grade, to new classes, and of course, new friends. Just this sense of a new beginning; a fresh start even? everyone knows we all need one.


I mean looking back, it wasn't so horrible. could say, it was pretty good.

I met a lot of new and colorful people. Rekindled with long loved-and-missed ones. yes, you. and you. but not you.

Went close to the sun and got burnt. Poisoned hearts and witness others' new found happiness.

And not to forget, learning more lessons in life. like a new found love for cappuccino.

et cetera.

To say it was a bumpy ride would be an understatement for everyone (oh yeah) but I'm sure somewhere along the way, we all had fun. And what's done is done! Why bother asking 'what if' right? (familiar - again?)


As for the new year? What's my new years resolution?

I'm bringing one advice a dear, dear friend told me to the new year and making it my new mantra.

We sat down and as he was telling me his stories, he ended with:
"Every good opportunity skipped, is an opportunity wasted. No matter how small it is."
It was then followed beautifully by, "So don't be a little choosy and scared prick. Go for it.". lovely

And with that, it's time for me to run up and down Swanston Street.


So here's to another better year!
We crossed that thin line, don't try to hold us here.

"Get up, get out. This is your wake up call."



written by I.O and M.

2 comments: