Tuesday, November 3, 2009

fall of the arisen, part one

morning after, chapter twelve

They said to me, close your eyes long enough and you'll see the world spinning (in chaos).

-

I woke up to witness the sun beaming between the blinds, pulsating due to the rapid cloud movements of Melbourne's spring weather.

Sat up at the side of my bed with my hands covering my face. Headache; as words from previous agendas echo over. and over,

I felt betrayed..

. . . someone who has done so much and trusted upon.

. . . 'a mutiny' of ten including one of us.


My head still trying to wrap over the idea of what just happened, more importantly, why. There was a time when we were called 'elites' (elitists).


November first.

And
so we were gathered.

Usually something of this significance would be the result of a face-to-face meet but in the light of this urgency, I attended in a digital way that my era had provided with - webcam. Bear in mind that gathering of this sorts does not occur commonly, so when we were summoned, we expected melancholy.

Though my presence was more of a formality than actual necessity, what was told had more questionable assumptions than actual rationality. It was not a question of who was wrong or right but which story had more holes and false providence than the other.

"one of you." she said. one of us.


written by I.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment