Sunday, September 27, 2009

coffee over columnists

Vigdis,
The whole reason over this meet.

Only you people would ever travel four hours just for lunch.

"Let me pick your brain." You said.

-

I waited for your arrival. Curious rather than nervous.

At exactly 3:00pm, you came waving at me on this open view two-storey cafe with a deck overlooking the countless sea of office workers trying to get back to work as lunch time was about to end.

Shorter than what I'd imagine.

With baggy eyes and rather skinny appeal, different. Not to mention a thin black trench coat which has become somewhat of a signature of your so-called "society". Nevertheless, something about you that gives this chilled presence unlike her, the other one of you I've met.

You sat next to me.

"What is someone as statuette as you doing here rather than being down there as one of them?" You greeted. hello to you too.

"One would say the same. Like your sir, I don't go to work, work comes to me." some would call it freelancing, I'd call it freedom-of-choice.

You nodded with a small smirk at the side.

"So what brings you to this meeting?" I asked. they told you I was 'straight to the point'.

"Vigdis." You replied.

Vigdis was an article I wrote based on the idea of writers (or rather crafters) who would use these encoding, encryption - steganography would be the correct term for it; in their pieces to deliver messages between two parties. Even from Ancient Greek, the word steganos means "cover, roof" and grapho is to "to write". In which, you and your co-writer(s) were mentioned in as well as several sources from different medias.

To the naked eye, an article like this would be seen as nothing more than a conspiracy junkie trying to rage against the media on how it's brainwashing the subconscious mind of it viewers/readers. A rant towards the media underworld. like one of those internet-ranters who didn't believe in the moon-landing - one would call them idiots but some would say 'liberators'.

However, the article itself had it's own hidden message. my own attempt at steganography.

Which if broken down, would show...

"Secretive people and people with secrets are two completely different beings." You said.

With a deep gaze as one hand holds the article closer towards your face and the other holding your chin up barely covering your mouth.

I smiled. the second person to finally get it.


written by Fi.
edited by I.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment