Saturday, July 4, 2009

under the knife, do you believe we will ever make it?

9.50 am.

I woke up to a song which sings "Wake me up inside, tell me there's a reason.". You rang.

Another morning? Hardly.

"A glimpse is better than nothing, right?" you said. Heh. Right, fine.

-
And faintly you came tapping, tapping on my shoulder. Without a doubt, I knew it was you. A stunning beauty in a dark beige trench coat and an oh-so-familiar necklace, glimmering.

We both gave our usual greets followed by the whole "It's been ages!" ice breaker.

For a good thirty minutes in the evening, we both sat there. With our cupcakes at hand; I told you my story, you laughed and out came the sarcastic remarks. Despite the rather long and adolescent rant, you sat there with a face that understood every single word of it.

I smiled. Because at the end of the tormenting taunts, I knew you'd give me some sense of so called "peace" - and you did.

You gave me a long glance and said "What do you expect?"

"Hmm?"

You shrugged and said "You got what you asked for. Just that what you asked, isn't really what you wanted."

One would wonder, why ask for something that you don't want?

And before I could barely finish "I'd rather have..."

"...a glimpse than nothing at all?" you uttered and smiled.


How did he put it? "If you can't get the whole pie, ask for a slice."



To think the last time we both met, we waltz to our hearts content. Good times.
Sorry for the ankle bruises.

The time came for you leave and we both knew it will be a while til' our next encounter. We exchanged laughs, as if our goodbyes had become quite a common routine - a friendly hug.

And so you left; you brought along to your departure, my secret - a secret so many know about, yet so few really understand.


Til' we meet again.

2 comments: