Sunday, July 19, 2009

in memories, we remember

Along our journey, we've forged a lot memories.

Some more valuable than others. Some, no matter how many times I'd think back, will always bring a smile to my face. Several we'd call 'bitter sweet nothings' - moments we'd think we would be better off forgetting, but actually moments which gave us new found respect/appreciation (hope?).

You once said to me,
"The measure of a person is not by their mistakes, but the decisions they make from them."
Til' this day, I live by this code. Or at least, somewhat of it. I remember you continued saying something about "... and the path we follow but not the trails we left behind."


And to think, a few years ago, you're the one who said
"For goodness sake, buy some jeans. You're bloody seventeen not twenty-five, stop wearing those awful slacks."
Hey, they were Dockers. They're very comfortable and they were coffee-stain-proof.


Anyway,
you taught me never to render myself useless when stricken down.

Remember what he said? "Eventually life is gonna give you a right hook to the face, and you have two choices. You can either whinge about it, or get some freakin' ice."

Do you remember what else you told me?
"It's not the money, the car, the rank you carry that defines you. It's the people who you surround yourself with - the people you touch in their time of need and the people who stood by you whenever you fall."

Wherever the hell you are in the world, just remember. I'm here if you need me.


Cheer up, love.

p.s. I know once you read this you're gonna freakin' e-mail on how I've used too many quotations, it looks messy bla bla bla. Shut up, you're not bloody editor. lol

1 comment: