Monday, January 26, 2009

Word vomit, just step over

So, you can't stay innocent forever.

Now it's just a question of when you want to taint your actions. Imagine if there was no external pressure of each society to adapt to. Everyone would be so distinct. There would be no universal teen culture that believe the rites of passage to adulthood go from getting drunk to getting laid. Clearly, there's this conflict between the old and new. The stationary and the ever-changeable.

Whether or not we conform is a subjective matter. If you really feel the need, I suppose no one can stop you, and it's not as though you are going to be ridiculed for what you do these days anyway. It is all about the "exploration of the self" and the context in which we try to live in. Seemingly, society at large tells us to go party and live, apart from just existing. In fact, one would presume that one would be in more trouble and subjected to more ridicule for the things you don't do.

Perhaps by over thinking about this, we're just merely reevaluating things we've already known to be true and constant. Reminding ourselves that our beliefs are special, that the select few who don't buy into this capitalist way of thinking (where everything is a commodity) are immune to whatever is "new" and "revolutionary". Would this be another case of 'us against the world'? The key issue here is dealing with how society as a whole see it. It is a question of majority vs. minority. It is the matter of sussing out the difference between normality and acceptance. And then embracing it with contentment.

At the moment, I tend to contradict my own self. Everyday, I question the validity of my principles because the fact is, they're not properly fixed. I question what I'm doing when I could be doing something else. I question how I would want people to remember me by. Until I sort that out, it will be a neverending debate. But that's okay. I'm not doing this for anyone's sake, no.
I need to do this for me - I know I govern myself.


What if we conform?
What if we give ourselves an excuse?
What if we give in?
What if he hide and lie?
What if we just don't care?
What if we go all the way?
What if we try?
What if we have nothing to lose?
What if we have had enough of over thinking?
What if we do it just once?
What if we repeat?

What if Who cares if we end up being hypocrites anyway?
We're only human.



written by theimportmodel.

2 comments:

  1. hmm is this the poem you and max was talking about in the mamak?

    "What if we conform?
    What if we give ourselves an excuse?
    What if we give in?
    What if he hide and lie?
    What if we just don't care?
    What if we go all the way?
    What if we try?
    What if we have nothing to lose?
    What if we have had enough of over thinking?
    What if we do it just once?
    What if we repeat?

    What if Who cares if we end up being hypocrites anyway?
    We're only human."

    well it make sense to me...

    one advice 1227, "men are hunters, to hunt or not to hunt...the weapon is in your hand though"

    ... but all in all i am just curious.. "what if we repeat".....i would love to know ur action/s if you are given a 2nd chance of that "P

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually it's the one that M wrote at Story of the Other, part one.

    ReplyDelete